Wednesday, March 5, 2014

February Roundup

The "Snowpocalypse" that was February

Well hello there, friends!
I know I’m a few days late (four days, to be specific), but things have been hectic since the term’s drawing to a close. I now know why they call it March Madness.

If you’ve noticed that the blog’s design looks a little wonky, please bear with me! I goofed some stuff up but decided to leave it until I get the new design done.

New design, you say?!

Yes, it’s true! I’m using my new-found Adobe Illustrator knowledge to make something that looks similar to the current design, but is a little more professional looking. So stay tuned!

But without further ado, here’s what my February looked like:   

  •  I attended RuPaul’s Drag Race Battle of the Seasons with a friend and had a fabulous time!

    The lovely Detox and me

  • It snowed in Portland and they called it "The Snowpocalypse."
    I laugh at this because we got maybe three inches and they cancelled school for two days and I've only been here for one term. In the four years that I attended Eastern, they cancelled school only once, for one day, and not until we'd gotten four feet of snow.

    Portland in the snow was pretty breathtaking, though.
    Archie loved the snow so much he kept staring at his leash, begging me to take him out.


  • I made some kick-ass Valentine's cards during the "snow day" for my family and friends …and I was even sent some in return!

    For my parents
    "Drawing the chest was the most awkward part."
    From my old co-worker Dalton
  • Archie got the gift of a yellow rain slicker. Clearance section score for only three bucks! Thanks, Petco!

  • What a handsome little laddie!
  • I volunteered at my graduate program’s annual conference Write to Publish. Unfortunately I didn’t get any pictures.
  •   My parents whisked me away for a relaxing weekend at Rockaway Beach.
    (I think Archie had the best time of all of us.)

    Gorgeous sunny day
    Perfect foggy mornings
Bug-eyed at the sheer awesomeness of it all
And sunsets, of course.
BFFs, you know.
  •  Became obsessed with reading Beverley Nichols. Who would have thought that an English man writing about gardening could be so entertaining? If you like dry, British humor then you’ll definitely enjoy Nichols. I highly recommend picking up on of his many(!) books. I can’t wait to read more. I’ve read Laughter on theStairs and Merry Hall so far, and am currently reading Garden OpenTomorrow.
  • I discovered Susan Branch—she retweeted me and followed me! I’m quite enjoying her blog and am leisurely/blissfully working my way through her delicious Heart of the Home books.

  • Last but not least, I scheduled a bunch of appointments for when I’m home for spring break (adult things, you know).
And that was my February, in a nutshell! I’m ready for spring break so I can go home and see my family and friends, and to have some free time to do some reading and writing, walk around the woods with Archie, do some baking and thrifting and whatnot. 

But I’ve got to tackle finals first! Joy! I’m fairly on top of things (dare I say I’ve worked ahead?) and only have to finish my software project (half way done!), rewrite a developmental edits letter, and write a paper. I’m nearly there!

My top ten tips for surviving finals week will be up soon, so keep an eye out for that!

Until then,
Margo


What fun and exciting things did February hold for you?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...