Sometimes when you’re a student holidays can be frustrating. What’s a budget-savvy student to do, when you can’t afford to go all-out for those you love? With Mother’s Day coming up, you may be stumped regarding what to get your mom. But what do moms love more than a thoughtful, handmade gift?
Nothing. The answer is nothing. (Probably)
So without further ado, here are 10 easy, filled-bursting-with-love ideas for some last minute Mother’s Day gifts:
1. Craft a bouquet of pretty paper flowers.
2. Author/illustrator Susan Branch has this nice appliqued tea towel pattern for free on her blog right now!
3. Forget Lush, how about you make Mom some homemade bath fizzies, herbal tub tea, some fragrant sachets, or a body scrub?
4. Handmade cards are always treasured for a long time, especially if you incorporate a picture of you and her when you were little. It’s sure to make her tear up!
5. Bake her something delicious. Susan Branch also has this scrumptious looking lemon-filled sponge cake recipe on her blog. Or, if your momma lives far away, bake some cookies, toss in her favorite tea, and mail them to her in this darling cookie tin upcycle.
6. Does your mom have a green thumb? Try your hand at these wildflower seed bombs from Mavis’s blog at One Hundred Dollars a Month.
7. Have you made a Sharpie mug yet? They’re a great low-cost, creative, personalized gift. And not to mention super easy, either!
|That one's mine!|
8. Whip up some petit fours and surprise your mom for an afternoon tea party. Don’t forget the cucumber sandwiches!
9. Have some pretty fabric laying around? A quick and easy infinity scarf is sure to tickle your mom’s fancy!
10. Paint a picture. Artwork of any kind is always a nice gift. (Don’t forget a frame! The Dollar Store or thrift shops usually have a pretty good selection.)
What's the best Mother's Day gift you've ever given?