Sunday, June 8, 2014

May Roundup, 2014

Hello there, friends!

How was your month of May? Mine seems to have flown by (as you can tell, because one again, this post is late). It doesn’t feel like I did much besides schoolwork, but the more I reflect back on May, the more I realize I did do and I’m a little impressed with myself.

  • To start off with, I attended the Wooden Shoe Tulip Fest in Woodburn, Oregon. What a blast!

Tulips for days!


  • Little sister turned 21 and I was her designated driver.

Hooray, Jackie!
I also painted a watercolor of her dog for her as a birthday present.

Little (watercolor) Sprocket

  • Started my new internship! I’m still baffled that I’m working in my career field this summer, and not at a grocery store like I have for the past four years. It’s a great feeling, and the hours fly by so fast!


  • I had no time to read for fun and my library books read-for-pleasure list stacked up. I couldn’t stop checking books out, I don’t know why I do this to myself. The curse of being an ever-curious individual, I suppose.

Not even half of them, sadly.
  • I finished all nine seasons of The X-Files. (Remember when I started back in January? That was a while ago.) I think it was the only thing that got me through all my design projects.


  • Started helping my dad plan a little fence for my patio! This will be so nice when it's done, because then I can sit outside and read with the dog, and not have to worry about trying to hold onto a leash.


  • Designed a whole book. Okay, so this was schoolwork, but it took up most of my month and I’m incredibly proud of the results, even if it's not something super spectacular. 


Many people don’t realize that the inside of a book has a lot of thought, time, and work put into it too, not just the cover. And speaking of the cover, I did all the artwork myself in, you guessed it… watercolor. May was a good moth for watercolor painting.

  • Tried to make my patio feel more inviting. I got the dinkiest little wind chime from Goodwill, and bought tomato plants, a snapdragon, miniature rose, and lavender. It makes sitting outside with a beer after my internship that much nicer.


Speaking of my internship, it’s pretty much the only thing keeping me sane right now. Living in the city is driving me crazy (I'm still very much a country girl at heart), but that once a week drive through farmland rejuvenates me just a little bit. 

  • I had some of my writing published in Northwest Boulevard, but unfortunately I was unable to make it to the release party, and at the moment don’t have any copies I can take pictures of to brag about.

  • A little squirrel friend took a liking to my tomato plants and the tree outside my window. He drives Archie crazy, and thus Archie now has "squirrel" added to his vocabulary. 


How was your month of May? What surprises did it hold for you? Leave me a comment and tell me all about it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...